She’s 18 today. In the blink of an eye, she’s grown up. No longer is she the shy little girl who did her best not to stand out – all the while marching to her own tune. Hannah is a woman with young, yet strong convictions and ideals. I couldn’t be more proud of her.
In honor of her birthday, here are 18 things about Hannah that make her Hannah.
- She loves movies – everything about them.
- She’s a bit of a geek and proud of it.
- She’s a feminist – in the most positive sense of the word.
- She’s perfected the eye roll – especially when it comes to her dad.
- She embraces sarcasm.
- She likes the scent of lavender.
- She loves to dissect a story or movie.
- She enjoys rock and roll and classical music in the form of movie soundtracks.
- She can’t throw away an empty toilet paper tube for the life of her. (I just dropped this in to see if you were reading – but it’s true!)
- She’s developed my “look” when trying to make a point.
- She is passionate about civil rights.
- She makes wonderful Spanakopita.
- She LOVES dappled light; it never fails to make her smile.
- She loses things in plain sight.
- Her favorite food is lobster.
- She’s always ready for an adventure with me.
- She has a good heart.
- She is proud to be a Mainer.
Happy Birthday, Hannah!