She’s 18 today. In the blink of an eye, she’s grown up. No longer is she the shy little girl who did her best not to stand out – all the while marching to her own tune. Hannah is a woman with young, yet strong convictions and ideals. I couldn’t be more proud of her.
In honor of her birthday, here are 18 things about Hannah that make her Hannah.
- She loves movies – everything about them.
- She’s a bit of a geek and proud of it.
- She’s a feminist – in the most positive sense of the word.
- She’s perfected the eye roll – especially when it comes to her dad.
- She embraces sarcasm.
- She likes the scent of lavender.
- She loves to dissect a story or movie.
- She enjoys rock and roll and classical music in the form of movie soundtracks.
- She can’t throw away an empty toilet paper tube for the life of her. (I just dropped this in to see if you were reading – but it’s true!)
- She’s developed my “look” when trying to make a point.
- She is passionate about civil rights.
- She makes wonderful Spanakopita.
- She LOVES dappled light; it never fails to make her smile.
- She loses things in plain sight.
- Her favorite food is lobster.
- She’s always ready for an adventure with me.
- She has a good heart.
- She is proud to be a Mainer.
Happy Birthday, Hannah!
Past Birthday Posts:
This entry was posted in Family
, On My Mind
. Bookmark the permalink
Bog Brook Cove Bluff
A couple of years ago, Hannah and I hiked one of the Bog Brook Cove trails in Trescott. I remember discovering a lovely cove inhabited by seals at the end … Continue reading
Evening Walk on the Sunrise
Hannah and I both spent the day working. Come dinner time, we felt the need to get outdoors and enjoy this beautiful day. We headed to Machias, parked and walked … Continue reading
She’s 18 today. In the blink of an eye, she’s grown up. No longer is she the shy little girl who did her best not to stand out – all … Continue reading
Monarch Caterpillar Becomes a Chrysalis
Yesterday was a lucky day for me. I was working at home day on website projects when I noticed one of the caterpillars Hannah and I have been raising hanging … Continue reading
The Lobster Chair
The WHRL’s summer fundraising auction held over the weekend had a new feature this year. In addition to the raffle-style auction, we had a “Chair-ity” silent auction. Local artists decorated … Continue reading
The Dancing Moose
The summer season is short here along the coast of Maine. For me, doesn’t feel as if summer is in full-swing until Milbridge Days, our community celebration. It’s a fun … Continue reading