A Downeast Thunder Farm Snowy Owl

This little owl is reminiscent of Hedwig of the Harry Potter fame. While we don’t see Snowy Owls in our neck of the woods, there is a stuffed Hedwig living in Hannah’s room.

Snowy Owl Felt Ornament

Click here to download this Snowy Owl felt pattern.

Update: the owl created double-sided.

Snowy Owl

Snowy Owl

This entry was posted in , , and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to A Downeast Thunder Farm Snowy Owl

1. marian fraser says:

snowy owl so cute unable to print pattern, any hints

• Susan says:

Sometimes with a PDF you need to save it to your computer rather than opening and printing. Try this. Right click on the link, select “Save Link As” (for PC) and then save it to your desktop. Then try opening and print. If that doesn’t work, tell if you receive an error message of some sort. Good luck!
      Susan

2. lina says:

Want to say thank you, and God Bless, I am confined to a chair so have enjoyed making these cute little birds. I make all kinds of oraments for my children but wanted something new. Thanks again and sending hugs lina

3. Ariane says:

very nice and this is my favorite
    greatings from Vienna
    Ariane

4. Tanja S. says:

Love your patterns – thanks so much for providing them for free! My 15 y.o daughter loves sewing felt and fleece animals. I am giving her a lot of pieces of felt in earthy tones for Christmas so have printed two of your owl patterns to go along with them. I am sure I will be back to your lovely blog. Greetings from South Australia (near River Murray where we have many special birds ourselves). Tanja

5. Sandra Anderson says:

your patterns are just lovely! I was actually looking for something else and saw some of your white owls on sale on etsy and then found this and now I know where they came from! Thank you for sharing your wonderful patterns.

6. Ann Harper says:

Just like to say thanks for sharing your fabulous felt birds!
    I enjoy looking at your blog from here in England.

7. Kim Shepherd says:

Greetings from the UK! I found your blog by chance and am amazed and impressed by your fabulous bird patterns, my friend Jenny and I will have fun with these! Thanks for sharing them so generously.

8. Brenda says:

As you will have realised you are very much appreciated in the UK. There’s very little of this here and I agree with Kim – it’s extremely generous of you to share for free. Many thanks

9. Hilda says:

Thank you so much for sharing your pattern. They are wonderful. Thanks, thanks !

10. Diana says:

I LOVE your patterns. I found your blog by chance as well and so happy that I did. I live in the Rockland, Maine are. We are lucky to have a few yarn/quilt/fabric stores here so if you’re ever in our area, check them out. It is still tough to find exactly want you want so I’ve resorted to ordering much of my supplies online. Thank for sharing your talents. I’m going to start with the snowy owl as we have one here in Owls Head that I’m fortunate to see a few times a year. Keep up the excellent work!

• sjbennett says:

It’s been quite a while since I’ve explored Rockland. We did the Wooden Boat Show a couple of years and always enjoyed our time there. We’ll have to plan a weekend soon!

11. Cathie Atchley says:

thank you for your generosity in sharing your lovely bird patterns! Your artistry is impressive- your bird portrayals are very well done!

12. Valerie Haynes says:

So excited when I saw this. I appreciate your sharing!!

13. joelle says:

tous vos oiseaux sont merveilleux. Bravo amitiés joelle

Happiness on a Rainy Day

I woke last night to the sound of pouring rain. Torrential rain. As I lay there listening, I dreaded morning. I organized the annual Elaine Hill Love a Nurse 5K … Continue reading

Happy to be Home

It’s been a couple of weeks since I’ve spent any time here at Downeast Thunder Farm. Life has been a little too crazy. Hannah and I spent a week on … Continue reading

Coming Alive with Spring

It was a glorious Easter Sunday here – rare 74 degrees and sunny for April. Since my partner in crime (Hannah) is off on a trip to New York, I … Continue reading

Dilly the Duck Dilly – A Good Duck

Today is a sad day. It started out lovely with ice out on the sunny side of the pond. The ducks, Dilly, Quackers, Peep and Squeak enjoyed a first spring … Continue reading

The Handsome Hooded Merganser

You had to know that there was a Hooded Merganser duck pattern coming after my photos of a pair at the beaver pond last week. The male is so distinctive … Continue reading

Hooded Merganser’s on the Beaver Pond

On the tail of writing about beavers, I spotted a most unusual couple on the beaver pond today.   I first thought they were bufflehead. Once loaded on my computer, … Continue reading