Longing for Spring Felt Robin Ornament

It’s going to be some time before Robins make an appearance here. Spring is a ways off – according to the calendar and to Mother Nature. A snowstorm has everything cancelled in our little corner of Maine today, so I whiled away the afternoon making this felt robin ornament. A little wishful thinking on my part!

Felt Robin Ornament

You can download the pattern here. If you make the little Robin, share your picture here in a comment!

Robin Felt Ornament Pattern

Note: It’s almost 70 miles to a craft or fabric store to purchase felt from where I live. Since running out to buy felt wasn’t an option, I poked around the Internet and found beautiful wool felt at Estsy Shoppe 3130. I ordered 20 new colors you won’t find in stores (at least up here). Until my package arrived in the mail I didn’t realize that felt could be so thick and rich and beautiful. Check it out of you need felt for any of these patterns!

wool felt supplier

This entry was posted in , , and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Longing for Spring Felt Robin Ornament

1. Taryn says:

Hi, I’ve been admiring your birds! What stitch do you use on them??

• Susan says:

I’m not much of an embroiderer. To hold the front and back together I use a blanket stitch. Other places it’s mostly a running stitch. Or something I make up as I go along!

2. Mary says:

You’re bird patterns are simply amazing. I followed a link from Craft Gossip. I poked around and found the brilliant blue jay and then fell in love with the owls. Thanks so much for your labor of love. I can’t decide which to make first. Mary

3. Kathy says:

Thanks for sharing such a cute pattern!

4. This is a beautiful creation. Thanks so much for the pattern and all your hard work to share it.

5. margaret wilson says:

Thankyou so very much for the beautiful, really beautiful bird patterns. I cannot wait to start on them. I love your website

6. I LOVE your birds, especially the robin.

7. annie says:

Thank you for sharing such great patterns!

8. Susan says:

I can’t wait to make these cute birds! How about a magpie?

9. Mary Whitaker says:

I am so thrilled to find the owl pattern especially and the other birds are great too. We have a few Australian birds here that I will adapt to.
    Thanks again Mary.

10. emma says:

thank you for this sweet robin pattern. each winter the robin comes back
    in my garden. i will make a felt robin to think of him (or her) in summer.
    your bird pattern are really wonderfull!

11. Karen K says:

I just found your site from Pinterest..I love these birds!..I got a couple of patterns, but the Robin & Bluebird says there is a “Drawing Error” & they other said it couldn’t be found. Do you know why this is happening??

Thank you SO much!

Karen from Buffalo

• Susan says:

Karen, I just tried opening and downloading them both with no trouble. I’m not sure why you’re having difficulty. If you havne’t already try right clicking on the link and select “save target as” and save to your computer before trying to open the file.

12. Barbara Adams says:

Thank you so much for the bird patterns, I have not made any yet, but want to make felt flags to hang in my bay window. I will send pictures when I am done.
    The patterns look easy to follow!

13. Cindi Kaye says:

Love your patterns…I’ve been making the little felt birds with wire legs, and decided they needed a few new friends! Thank you for making it so easy to print and for sharing your work with others!

14. Cheryl says:

Thanks so much for posting these felt patterns. I plan to make some for a Christmas tree for our local Rotary Club annual festival of trees.

15. Barbara says:

OK, so now I have printed the robin, bluebird, snowy owl, and winter wren. This is not good. I really have other things to do. lol.

Thanks again sharing your beautiful patterns

16. Carolyn says:

Thank you for sharing the pattern I love your blog! You are so talented

17. April says:

I just recently delved into felt embroidery and was thrilled to find your site. This is the first one that I made and I have several more bookmarked. Thank you so much for sharing these.

18. Maureen Chamberlain says:

Hi,
    Many thanks for the cute Robin pattern, I have been looking for one for some time, now I have found yours! Not only that I can make a complete aviary of birds, you have an amazing selection, many, many thanks, they will make great gifts, also love the moose, Kind regards Maureen

19. Alison says:

Thanks so much for these patterns. We are learning about birds in my kindergarten class. Each week the children discover a new felt bird which we hang up on our bird mobile. It will be a robin this week – hope in the midst of a cold winter!

20. Adela says:

This is all so lovely. Thank you very much for sharing so generously!