Felt Cardinal on a Snowy Afternoon

School was called off early and the snow is coming down. It’s a good afternoon to hunker down with a movie and a project. Today I finished a felt cardinal ornament that I’ve been puttering with. She joins the collection with my chickadee and owl family.

Free Felt Cardinal Bird Christmas Ornament Pattern

I’ve put the pattern online here for you to download and have fun with.

Free Cardinal Felt Pattern to Download

This entry was posted in , and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

A Few Notes on My Patterns

This BLOG is moderated. Unrelated SPAM comments will not be approved for display.

12 Responses to Felt Cardinal on a Snowy Afternoon

1. Carrie P. says:

thanks for this pattern too.

2. Debbie says:

I was looking for felted ornaments so I could decorate a little tree for our little one year old granddaughter. I wanted her to be able to play with the items if she chose to. I went to a neighbor’s who was busy making ornaments for her daughter’s new apartment for Christmas. She had already made a couple of your designs and they turned out so nice. Thankyou for sharing the patterns.

3. Beth says:

Thank you, this is very beautiful. Red cardinals are my favorite. I will try to make one of these :)

4. Melinda says:

Thank you so much for this! We are a homeschooling family in TX. After Christmas we are starting a study of birds and adding sewing skills to our repertoire. This will give my boys something well worth sewing. Plus, the cardinal was my grandmother’s favorite bird. Nostalgia is setting in!

5. Mary Cluts says:

I love all of your felt bird ornament! I have completed the red cardinal and chickadee. I’ve downloaded many other patterns. Now all I need to do is find the time to complete my projects. I especially love the attention to detail that you have created in your designs. Thanks for all your great patterns. Looking forward to seeing new ones in the future.

6. kizilod says:

Thanks for creating and sharing these wonderful ornaments. I adapted this pattern to make a female cardinal out of tan felt, I added a red crest, beige belly and red yarn stripes to her tail and wings. Here is a photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/50767171@N03/8331242016/in/photostream

7. daisymoo says:

Hi from UK!! I am loving your patterns thankyouf or sharing them with me.
    I have a penpal in Maine and I plan to send her the red chickadee and the puffin as they are her favourite birds. Wish me luck!!
    best regards….Daisy

8. Susy says:

Thank you so much for yourbirdie patterns. My mom loves to watch birds thru the siding glass door as she cannot get out much. I plan to make several, starting with this cardinal, as a Christmas gift this year.

9. Sue says:

hello, I’m thrilled to come across your website. I was looking for felt ornaments for our small tree, I’m so excited to start. so now I’m going to continue to make these felt ornament to start a collection for our 4 year our grandson, or his first tree when he is older. thank you so much for the patterns, I’m not so creative when it comes to drawing

10. Pingback: Felt Fun for the Holidays | Dmcthread's Blog

11. Denise Miller says:

I searched and searched your website before I found the cardinal pattern. Thank you for having it. I am going to reduce the size of the pattern, so I will have more room for all of the birds on my tree. Thanks again.