My memories of that little girl with blond curls and sky blue eyes who loved Blue’s Clues and Beauty and the Beast are so vivid in my mind that it’s hard to believe that she’s 16 today.
In honor of this momentous occasion, here are 16 adjectives that describe Hannah.
- She’s kind.
- She’s compassionate. She’s quick to offer a hug when one is in need.
- She’s smart. She gets better grades than either of her parents did.
- She’s stubborn. There’s no changing her mind once it’s made up.
- She’s easy-going. Unless she’s being stubborn.
- She’s self-assured and marches to her own tune.
- She’s messy. I think she believes we have a maid.
- She’s indecisive. Don’t put her on the spot and expect her to make a decision.
- She’s hard-working.
- She’s ambitious. College is just around the corner.
- She’s low-drama. Thank goodness!
- She impatient. With her parents.
- She’s hard-of-hearing. Or maybe it’s just selective hearing. Or maybe it’s the earbud stuck in her ear.
- She’s funny. At least she’s learning to loosen up around her parents.
- She’s imperfect.
- She’s perfect to me.
Happy Birthday, Hannah! I love you!
Past birthday posts:
This entry was posted in Family
, On My Mind
and tagged Hannah
. Bookmark the permalink
Evening Walk on the Sunrise
Hannah and I both spent the day working. Come dinner time, we felt the need to get outdoors and enjoy this beautiful day. We headed to Machias, parked and walked … Continue reading
She’s 18 today. In the blink of an eye, she’s grown up. No longer is she the shy little girl who did her best not to stand out – all … Continue reading
Monarch Caterpillar Becomes a Chrysalis
Yesterday was a lucky day for me. I was working at home day on website projects when I noticed one of the caterpillars Hannah and I have been raising hanging … Continue reading
The Lobster Chair
The WHRL’s summer fundraising auction held over the weekend had a new feature this year. In addition to the raffle-style auction, we had a “Chair-ity” silent auction. Local artists decorated … Continue reading
The Dancing Moose
The summer season is short here along the coast of Maine. For me, doesn’t feel as if summer is in full-swing until Milbridge Days, our community celebration. It’s a fun … Continue reading
Macros and Milkweed
The Monarch caterpillars are getting quite big. This morning I gave them a new sprig of milkweed. By this evening, they’d eaten all but the stock. I had two new … Continue reading