My memories of that little girl with blond curls and sky blue eyes who loved Blue’s Clues and Beauty and the Beast are so vivid in my mind that it’s hard to believe that she’s 16 today.
In honor of this momentous occasion, here are 16 adjectives that describe Hannah.
- She’s kind.
- She’s compassionate. She’s quick to offer a hug when one is in need.
- She’s smart. She gets better grades than either of her parents did.
- She’s stubborn. There’s no changing her mind once it’s made up.
- She’s easy-going. Unless she’s being stubborn.
- She’s self-assured and marches to her own tune.
- She’s messy. I think she believes we have a maid.
- She’s indecisive. Don’t put her on the spot and expect her to make a decision.
- She’s hard-working.
- She’s ambitious. College is just around the corner.
- She’s low-drama. Thank goodness!
- She impatient. With her parents.
- She’s hard-of-hearing. Or maybe it’s just selective hearing. Or maybe it’s the earbud stuck in her ear.
- She’s funny. At least she’s learning to loosen up around her parents.
- She’s imperfect.
- She’s perfect to me.
Happy Birthday, Hannah! I love you!
Past birthday posts:
This entry was posted in Family
, On My Mind
and tagged Hannah
. Bookmark the permalink
On this Summer Solstice, I went in search of Lupins. The tall spired flowers are my favorite thing about June. Seas of purply blossoms fill the landscape, brightening fields, providing … Continue reading
Hummingbird Feeder Cleaning
I hate cleaning my hummingbird feeders, but I do it every weekend. I’ve read it should be done more often, but my time during the week is so limited that … Continue reading
For more than seven years I’ve passed this blueberry field on the way to work. A solitary tree rising above the blueberry barren like a sentinel, creating focus, depth, and … Continue reading
Showing Off Pigeon Hill
My folks made the trip from Pennsylvania for Hannah’s high school graduation. Their visit was short and we didn’t have a lot of free time, but I did my best … Continue reading
I’m not a foodie and you’ll find more “oops” stories here at Downeast Thunder Farm than you will recipes. In planning for Hannah’s graduation celebration, I found these little graduation … Continue reading
It’s been a wildly crazy couple of weeks. Watching Hannah wrap up her high school career has been bitter-sweet. Happy for her accomplishments, and sad that this chapter of her … Continue reading