I have a new favorite Sunday morning muffin recipe. It make six large muffins – or muffin tops – my favorite way of making muffins. The basic recipe is the same and you can swap out the fruit based on what you have in the fridge.
This morning it was straight blueberry muffins. Last weekend it was blueberry and banana.
This day it was blueberry and raspberry. I’ve also used strawberries – both frozen and fresh.
Sunday Morning Muffin Recipe
Mix the following together and set aside.
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- generous 1/2 cup of yogurt (whatever you have plain, vanilla, blueberry)
- 2 eggs (I use 1 duck egg)
- 1/2 cup sugar
Sift the following together:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until mixed. Add 1 1/2 cups of fruit:
- blueberries and grated lemon or orange zest
- bananas (if using only bananas, replace the white sugar with brown)
- raspberries and grated lemon zest
- strawberries and grated lemon zest
I’ve used all of the above fruits. Next on the list will be the wild black raspberries that will ripen next month.