Feathery Felt Barn Owl Ornament

This little barn owl is my favorite felt ornament yet. With individual feathers and buttons for eyes, I can imaging her perching on the barn rafters. If we had a barn.

Felt Barn Owl Ornament

Click here to download the pattern. If you make this little owl, please comment with a link to a picture!

Felt Barn Owl Ornament

Update: the owl created double-sided with felt eyes.

Barn Owl

Barn Owl

This entry was posted in , , and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Feathery Felt Barn Owl Ornament

1. jenni says:

Thank you so much for sharing your designs, not sure where to start but I think the owls will look great on a cushion along with trees, beads, and brooches! Thanks again your designs are great.

2. Sara says:

I just came across your blog through Pinterest. I LOVE these felt bird ornaments. Thank you for sharing your patterns! I haven’t made one yet, but I will soon and I’m sure my daughter will want to try one as well. Lovely!

3. Trish says:

You are kind to share your patterns! Thank you so much.

4. Kathryn says:

This owl is stunning! I’m going to make some of your birds to use with a bird theme storytime here at the library. They will be adorable flannelboard pieces for some rhymes and maybe a “Which One is Missing?” game. Thanks for sharing so generously.

• Susan says:

Kathryn, using these in your library for story time is my favorite use of the patterns yet. What a great idea! Thank you for sharing.

5. Anna Mette says:

I love your bird-ornaments, and this one migth be my favorite. Sadly I havn’t had time to make them yet, but I’m looking foreward to it.

6. Wendy says:

What a wonderful barn owl I know someone who would love it 🙂

7. Myrna Skogland says:

What lovely little bird ornaments. I plan to make a christmas wreath with these little sweeties. Thanks so much.

Myrna

8. Hey there,
    I don’t know how to post a picture of the owls we made, but I’ll send you an email. I made these with the kids that come for storytime at the library. I enlarged the pattern a bit, we used fun foam rather then felt, and no sewing only gluing, 🙂 but the basic pattern was the same. Great pattern, thanks so much!

9. Nan says:

I love these little birds. I’m going to make them with a magnet inside for my grandson to use on the fridge. He’ll love them!

10. Margaret Hart says:

Thank you for Feathery Felt Barn Owl. He just flew across the street to my neighbor’s tree in her living room. His warm-blooded version lives in her palm tree. Thank you for sharing your gift.

11. Misty LaJean Posey says:

these are so cute! love your patterns. I’ve printed off a few to do this weekend, can’t wait! Thank you!

12. Lynnmt says:

Thank you so much for the patterns! The felt birds will be PERFECT for the tree in my 4K classroom when we talk about animals that can be found in a tree.

13. Joanne Riley says:

I love this blog – Thank you so much for the tutorials. I made my friend the barn owl for her Birthday card and she loved it. You can see it on my blog if you would like 🙂

14. Jenny Steel says:

Thanks so much for your wonderful patterns. I’m starting to make felt ornaments for fundraising and these are lovely.

15. Ottilia Szemeti says:

Thank you for sharing your beautiful pattern. I am simply interested in barn owls. I think they are peculiar and wonderful birds.
    I was looking for cross stitch patterns about them when I found your work. I would like to make an owl.

16. Lisa Rigg says:

Thank you for this barn owl pattern, both my girls are in Scouts and our local group is the 1st Marske & New Marske Barn Owls (North East UK). I will be putting this design as pride of place in the centre of their camp blankets.

Thank you so much for sharing.

Summer Solstice

On this Summer Solstice, I went in search of Lupins. The tall spired flowers are my favorite thing about June. Seas of purply blossoms fill the landscape, brightening fields, providing … Continue reading

Hummingbird Feeder Cleaning

I hate cleaning my hummingbird feeders, but I do it every weekend. I’ve read it should be done more often, but my time during the week is so limited that … Continue reading

Gone

For more than seven years I’ve passed this blueberry field on the way to work. A solitary tree rising above the blueberry barren like a sentinel, creating focus, depth, and … Continue reading

Showing Off Pigeon Hill

My folks made the trip from Pennsylvania for Hannah’s high school graduation. Their visit was short and we didn’t have a lot of free time, but I did my best … Continue reading

Creating Memories

I’m not a foodie and you’ll find more “oops” stories here at Downeast Thunder Farm than you will recipes. In planning for Hannah’s graduation celebration, I found these little graduation … Continue reading

graduation storm trooper masks Graduation!

It’s been a wildly crazy couple of weeks. Watching Hannah wrap up her high school career has been bitter-sweet. Happy for her accomplishments, and sad that this chapter of her … Continue reading