Feathery Felt Barn Owl Ornament

This little barn owl is my favorite felt ornament yet. With individual feathers and buttons for eyes, I can imaging her perching on the barn rafters. If we had a barn.

Felt Barn Owl Ornament

Click here to download the pattern. If you make this little owl, please comment with a link to a picture!

Felt Barn Owl Ornament

Update: the owl created double-sided with felt eyes.

Barn Owl

Barn Owl

This entry was posted in , , and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Feathery Felt Barn Owl Ornament

1. jenni says:

Thank you so much for sharing your designs, not sure where to start but I think the owls will look great on a cushion along with trees, beads, and brooches! Thanks again your designs are great.

2. Sara says:

I just came across your blog through Pinterest. I LOVE these felt bird ornaments. Thank you for sharing your patterns! I haven’t made one yet, but I will soon and I’m sure my daughter will want to try one as well. Lovely!

3. Trish says:

You are kind to share your patterns! Thank you so much.

4. Kathryn says:

This owl is stunning! I’m going to make some of your birds to use with a bird theme storytime here at the library. They will be adorable flannelboard pieces for some rhymes and maybe a “Which One is Missing?” game. Thanks for sharing so generously.

• Susan says:

Kathryn, using these in your library for story time is my favorite use of the patterns yet. What a great idea! Thank you for sharing.

5. Anna Mette says:

I love your bird-ornaments, and this one migth be my favorite. Sadly I havn’t had time to make them yet, but I’m looking foreward to it.

6. Wendy says:

What a wonderful barn owl I know someone who would love it 🙂

7. Myrna Skogland says:

What lovely little bird ornaments. I plan to make a christmas wreath with these little sweeties. Thanks so much.

Myrna

8. Hey there,
    I don’t know how to post a picture of the owls we made, but I’ll send you an email. I made these with the kids that come for storytime at the library. I enlarged the pattern a bit, we used fun foam rather then felt, and no sewing only gluing, 🙂 but the basic pattern was the same. Great pattern, thanks so much!

9. Nan says:

I love these little birds. I’m going to make them with a magnet inside for my grandson to use on the fridge. He’ll love them!

10. Margaret Hart says:

Thank you for Feathery Felt Barn Owl. He just flew across the street to my neighbor’s tree in her living room. His warm-blooded version lives in her palm tree. Thank you for sharing your gift.

11. Misty LaJean Posey says:

these are so cute! love your patterns. I’ve printed off a few to do this weekend, can’t wait! Thank you!

12. Lynnmt says:

Thank you so much for the patterns! The felt birds will be PERFECT for the tree in my 4K classroom when we talk about animals that can be found in a tree.

13. Joanne Riley says:

I love this blog – Thank you so much for the tutorials. I made my friend the barn owl for her Birthday card and she loved it. You can see it on my blog if you would like 🙂

14. Jenny Steel says:

Thanks so much for your wonderful patterns. I’m starting to make felt ornaments for fundraising and these are lovely.

15. Ottilia Szemeti says:

Thank you for sharing your beautiful pattern. I am simply interested in barn owls. I think they are peculiar and wonderful birds.
    I was looking for cross stitch patterns about them when I found your work. I would like to make an owl.

16. Lisa Rigg says:

Thank you for this barn owl pattern, both my girls are in Scouts and our local group is the 1st Marske & New Marske Barn Owls (North East UK). I will be putting this design as pride of place in the centre of their camp blankets.

Thank you so much for sharing.

Bog Brook Cove Bluff

A couple of years ago, Hannah and I hiked one of the Bog Brook Cove trails in Trescott. I remember discovering a lovely cove inhabited by seals at the end … Continue reading

sturgeon full moon Evening Walk on the Sunrise

Hannah and I both spent the day working. Come dinner time, we felt the need to get outdoors and enjoy this beautiful day. We headed to Machias, parked and walked … Continue reading

Hannah's 18th Birthday Eighteen

She’s 18 today. In the blink of an eye, she’s grown up. No longer is she the shy little girl who did her best not to stand out – all … Continue reading

monarch chrysalis Monarch Caterpillar Becomes a Chrysalis

Yesterday was a lucky day for me. I was working at home day on website projects when I noticed one of the caterpillars Hannah and I have been raising hanging … Continue reading

The Lobster Chair

The WHRL’s summer fundraising auction held over the weekend had a new feature this year. In addition to the raffle-style auction, we had a “Chair-ity” silent auction. Local artists decorated … Continue reading

hannah dancing moose The Dancing Moose

The summer season is short here along the coast of Maine. For me, doesn’t feel as if summer is in full-swing until Milbridge Days, our community celebration. It’s a fun … Continue reading